Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Auto Club 400 @ Auto Club (California) Speedway
Sunday, Match 27, 2011 - 12:16 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Carl Edwards 6/1 17th 18th 3rd 3rd
2008 winner with 9.2 average finish, second best; using new chassis this week.
2. Tony Stewart 10/1 13th 5th 6th 2nd
Won the fall race last year, first ever at Fontana; using same chassis this week.
3. Mark Martin 30/1 10th 5th 7th 4th
Sixth or better in last three starts, led in both 2010 races; top average speeds in Practice 3.
4. Kevin Harvick 12/1 28th 24th 1st 21st
Runner-up in 2010, seventh in the fall; using 2010 Vegas chassis that finished second.
5. Jeff Gordon 8/1 26th 29th 5th 5th
Three-time winner with 10.9 average finish; 619 laps led is second best on track.
6. Kyle Busch 8/1 31st 8th 4th 6th
2005 fall winner with 12.7 average finish in 13 starts; new car this week.
7. Clint Bowyer 20/1 15th 17th 20th 7th
Runner-up in the fall race; fast average speeds in final Practices. New car this week.
8. Matt Kenseth 20/1 9th 11th 11th 15th
Three-time winner, his most wins on any track ; using runner-up Texas chassis.
9. Denny Hamlin 10/1 2nd 2nd 2nd 12th
Fifth best average finish of 10.0 on 2-mile tracks in 2010; best finish of third in 2008.
10. Jimmie Johnson 7/2 20th 16th 12th 13th
Five-time winner with 5.3 average finish, both track records; debuts new car this week.
Note: This years race is 100 miles shorter than past Fontana spring races.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more insights and post-practice analysis, go to VegasInsider.com.