compiled by Mike Forde
At Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
· The first NASCAR race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway was a NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race won by Ken Schrader on Nov. 2, 1996.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was held on March 1, 1998, won by Mark Martin.
· In 2006, the track was reconfigured to include progressive banking.
· There have been 12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
· Five drivers have participated in all 12 races: Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin.
· Dale Jarrett won the inaugural pole.
· Eight drivers have poles, led by Dale Jarrett, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Busch and Bobby Labonte (two each).
· Eight different drivers have won, led by Jimmie Johnson (three).
· Only five of the 12 races have been won from a top-10 starting position.
· Las Vegas-native Kyle Busch became the first driver to win from the pole, last season.
· Four of the 12 races have been won from a starting position outside the top 20.
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started was 25th, by Matt Kenseth in 2004.
· There has been one green-white-checkered finish at Las Vegas: 2006 (270/267).
· Only one driver averages a top-10 finish: Jeff Burton (9.8). Burton won consecutive races in 1999 and 2000, and has finished in the top five in the last two races (fifth in 2008, third in 2009). Burton has been running at the finish in all 12 of his events.
· In three of the last four races, the margin of victory was under one second.
· Kyle Busch made his first start and Kasey Kahne won his first pole at Las Vegas, in the same event (2004).
NASCAR in Nevada
· There have been 13 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in Nevada, one at Las Vegas Park Speedway in 1955 and the rest at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (1996-Present).
· 19 drivers all-time in NASCAR’s three national series have their home state as Nevada.
· There have been three race winners from Nevada in NASCAR’s three national series:
Las Vegas Motor Speedway Data
Race # 3 of 36 (2-28-10)
Track Size: 1.5 miles
· Race Length: 285 laps/427.5 miles
· Banking/Corners: 20 degrees
· Banking/Frontstretch: 9 degrees
· Banking/Backstretch: 9 degrees
Driver Rating at Las Vegas
Jimmie Johnson 113.6
Jeff Gordon 111.5
Kyle Busch 109.4
Greg Biffle 103.9
Jeff Burton 98.5
Mark Martin 94.9
Tony Stewart 93.5
Carl Edwards 92.3
Kevin Harvick 92.2
Matt Kenseth 91.6
Note: Driver Rating compiled from 2005-2008 races (5 total) at Las Vegas.
2009 pole winner: Kyle Busch (185.995 mph, 29.033 seconds)
2009 race winner: Kyle Busch (119.515 mph, 3-1-09)
Track qualifying record: Kyle Busch (185.995 mph, 29.033 seconds, 2-27-09)
Track race record: Mark Martin (146.554 mph, 3-1-98)
Estimated Pit Window: Every 50-55 laps, based on fuel mileage.