Saturday, September 12, 2020

NASCAR Richmond Betting Preview: 2020 Federated Auto Parts 400

Kyle Busch is 5/1 to win Saturday at Richmond.
Kyle Busch won the NASCAR Cup Championship last season to win his second Cup title, but after 27 races during 2020, Busch has no wins.

He’s never gone an entire season without a win and has nine more cracks at a win beginning with Saturday night’s Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway’s flat 0.75-mile layout, a track he’s won at six times, the last coming to complete a 2018 sweep.

But the past is the past and has done nothing to assist a win this season and it’s killing him. I think he’s embarrassed by it as well since he’s raised the bar so high for himself.

“This year has definitely been one of the biggest tests I feel like I’ve been through,” Busch said. “In 2015, I was injured and I was on the sideline and I wasn’t sure if I was ever going to come back, and I was able to come back and then struggled for five weeks just getting a footing, and then finally being able to win again at Sonoma. Right there, that just lit a fire under us and that was all it took for the rest of the year to be a championship contender and a guy to go out there to compete with his team and be the best of all of them.

“This year, it’s been nothing but something else that’s in the back of your mind, and what’s the next thing that’s going to test your patience. Just seems like we can’t shake this monkey off our back. Wherever he is, whatever he looks like, somebody tell me and we’re going to go for a few roll-arounds here and get him off my back in order go out there and have a solid, successful, productive final 10 weeks.”

For the first time in nearly a decade, Busch isn’t the favorite to win at Richmond. William Hill books have been having Busch around 12/1 or 14/1 the last few races as he continues not to win, but for Richmond and his stellar record they dropped him down to 5/1 out of respect.

No comments: