|Stewart is likely out of Chase consideration|
• There currently is no timeline for Stewart's recovery or return. They will know more after the second surgery is completed;
• The team will "absolutely" need a substitute driver for at least the next 2-3 races;
• They are talking to candidates to fill in, but don't have a timeline for an announcement; possibly in the next day or so;
• Zipadelli says that as many races as Tony runs the team is lucky that this is the first time they are having to deal with this issue;
• Stewart Haas will evaluate what races Stewart competes in going forward, but there will not necessarily be any changes.
• Stewart's sponsors: "They're all disappointed and we understand that."(8-7-2013)
UPDATE: Zipadelli again updated the media Friday morning at Watkins Glen. Some notes:
• The team has not settled on any replacement drivers, but hope to know who will drive at Michigan before this weekend is over;
• They would prefer to use as few drivers as possible, for the sake of consistency;
• The team is looking at some Nationwide drivers, but would likely not use one until Bristol because Nationwide is at Mid-Ohio next weekend for a stand-alone event;
• Stewart's return is unknown. His release from hospital is "day by day" due to the possibility of an infection.