Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Dover International Speedway
Sunday, March 15, 2011 - 10:16 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Bristol*
1. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 1st 23rd 1st 3rd
Six time winner, including three of the last four run; using eighth-place Texas car.
2. Matt Kenseth 20/1 23rd 9th 24th 4th
2006 winner with seven top five finishes in last 10 Dover starts; using new car.
3. Carl Edwards 8/1 30th 4th 13th 2nd
2007 winner with track best 7.7 average finish in 13 starts; using sixth-place Fontana car.
4. Kyle Busch 5/1 6th 33rd 6th 1st
Two time winner with six top five finishes; using runner-up Charlotte car from 2010.
5. Kasey Kahne 25/1 4th 27th 4th 9th
Fastest 10 consecutive lap average in final practice; led the most laps last week.
6. Kevin Harvick 12/1 8th 31st 10th 6th
Only two top fives in 20 starts, but is using winning Fontana and runner-up Vegas car.
7. A.J. Allmendinger 75/1 2nd 24th 2nd 31st
Led three times for 150 laps in the last Dover race; using Bristol chassis this week..
8. Greg Biffle 20/1 24th 3rd 12th 8th
2008 winner with average finish of 11th in 17 starts; using Martinsville chassis.
9. Kurt Busch 15/1 22nd 1st 6th 7th
Tied career best finish of fourth in last Dover race run; new chassis this week.
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 20/1 3rd 41st 3rd 11th
2001 winner is using 12th-place Fontana car this week; outstanding first practice.
Note: Qualifying was washed away due to rain causing the starting lineup to be set by the top practice times from Friday.
* Results from the March 20, 2011 race at Bristol. Despite being a half-mile smaller, both concrete tracks run similar to each other.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.