Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 3:15 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Carl Edwards 7/2 2nd 3rd 21st 13th
Using a brand new car; 13.1 average finish in 12 starts, won at Vegas, third at Texas.
2. Matt Kenseth 15/1 15th 19th 30th 16th
2000 winner with four straight top-10’s at Charlotte; using winning Texas chassis.
3. Tony Stewart 15/1 23rd 22nd 9th 17th
2003 fall winner; using dominant runner-up Vegas chassis that led 163 laps.
4. Clint Bowyer 20/1 8th 10th 28th 21st
Best finish was runner-up in 2007; using runner-up Texas chassis that led 44 laps.
5. Kasey Kahne 30/1 7th 17th 5th 14th
Three-time Charlotte winner, the last coming in 2008; strong in last weeks All-Star race.
6. Kyle Busch 7/1 21st 21st 13th 4th
No Cup Charlotte wins, but finished eighth or better in last seven starts; using Texas car.
7. Kurt Bush 30/1 9th 26th 2nd 9th
Won this race last season following his All-Star win. Had best practice of the season Saturday.
8. Greg Biffle 15/1 17th 15th 12th 7th
Finished fifth in fall race last season; using fourth-place Texas chassis this week.
9. Jimmie Johnson 7/1 3rd 6th 17th 26th
Six-time winner, the last coming in 2009; using 15th-place Darlington chassis this week.
10. Jeff Burton 20/1 1st 5th 25th 5th
Three-time winner, the last coming in 2007; using a brand new chassis this week.
Note: The results from the 2011 races held at Las Vegas and Texas are great indicators to how the drivers might perform Sunday due to the similar size and banking of the tracks.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.