Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified ‘Dega ’10* Daytona 500**
1. Kevin Harvick 13/2 11th 36th 2nd 42nd
2010 spring winner with three runner-up finishes. Using same car from Daytona that led 22 laps.
2. Clint Bowyer 15/1 18th 10th 1st 17th
2010 fall winner with five of last six finishes inside top-12. Using winning car from last year.
3. Kurt Busch 12/1 13th 8th 30th 5th
Finished third on four occasions, 13.7 average finish in 20 starts. Using winning Bud Shootout car.
4. Jeff Gordon 15/1 15th 1st 8th 28th
Leads all active drivers with six wins, the last coming in 2007 when he swept the season.
5. Jeff Burton 15/1 6th 26th 41st 36th
Lots of bad luck in recent plate races, despite great cars. Using winning Gatorade Duel car.
6. Jamie McMurray 15/1 36th 20th 36th 18th
2009 fall winner; three of his six career wins have come in plate races. Using Daytona chassis.
7. Juan Montoya 30/1 38th 12th 3rd 6th
Finished third in both 2010 races; using his sixth-place Daytona 500 car from February.
8. Kyle Busch 9/1 3rd 32nd 25th 8th
His 2008 spring win remains his only top-five on the track in 12 starts. Using Daytona chassis.
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr 10/1 29th 4th 39th 24th
Five-time winner, the last coming in 2004. Runner-up in 2009, his only top-five since last win.
10. Denny Hamlin 15/1 8th 28th 9th 21st
Finished in top-10 of both 2010 races; career average finish of 18.3 in 10 starts.
* Results from the February 20, 2011 race, a restrictor-plate race that featured two-car tandem racing as expected Sunday.
** Results from the October 31, 2010 Talladega race, the last race run there.
Note: The final practice session was cut short due to rain with only eight drivers attempting a lap.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.