Goody’s Fast Relief 500
Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Fall ‘10*
1. Denny Hamlin 4/1 8th 20th 5th 1st
Native Virginian won four of the last six Martinsville races, including the last three in a row.
2. Jimmie Johnson 4/1 9th 16th 17th 5th
Six-time winner with 17 straight races within top-nine; using new chassis this week.
3. Kyle Busch 8/1 1st 23rd 11th 4th
Finished career best fourth on four occasions; fastest average speeds in Practice 1.
4. Kevin Harvick 8/1 3rd 30th 9th 3rd
Career best finish of third last fall; using fourth place Phoenix chassis from February.
5. Mark Martin 25/1 17th 13th 12th 2nd
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2000. Strong 10-consecutive lap averages in practices.
6. Jamie McMurray 25/1 5th 11th 1st 11th
Career best of runner-up in 2004; had the top 10-consecutive lap average in final practice.
7. Jeff Burton 15/1 6th 17th 32nd 9th
1997 winner; led 140 laps in the spring last year and then the most laps (134) in the fall.
8. Jeff Gordon 8/1 20th 2nd 21st 20th
Seven-time winner who was on a run of 15 straight top-nine finishes until last fall.
9. Ryan Newman 25/1 13th 6th 2nd 30th
Three top-10 finishes in four starts for current team; has led 55 laps in last three races there.
10. Joey Logano 30/1 2nd 31st 4th 6th
Wrecked primary car in Prac.2, back-up is the same car from last fall; finished runner-up in spring.
* Results from the October 24, 2010 race at Martinsville Speedway.
Note: Only two scheduled practice sessions Friday with qualifying held on Saturday.
Alert: Tires may be an issue for all drivers on Sunday. Several complained about the tires coming apart and being good for only 12 to 15 laps. This could be a major player in Sunday's race and possibly help a newcomer crack the Johnson and Hamlin show.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.