New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualifying Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Tony Stewart 12/1 1st 3rd 1st 4th
Two time NHMS winner; the last in 2005. Using runner-up chassis from June race.
2. Jimmie Johnson 4/1 7th 25th 8th 3rd
Three wins in 17 starts with a 9.0 average finish; using winning chassis from June.
3. Clint Bowyer 12/1 20th 2nd 5th 6th
2007 fall winner had fastest average speeds in both final practices; new car this week.
4. Denny Hamlin 5/1 10th 22nd 16th 7th
2007 spring winner has a track best 8.2 average finish in nine starts; new car this week.
5. Jamie McMurray 30/1 12th 4th 3rd 1st
Only one top-five finish in 15 career starts; best 10-lap average during second practice.
6. Jeff Gordon 12/1 26th 17th 27th 2nd
Three wins in 31 starts with 12.1 average finish; finished fourth in June race. New car this week.
7. Kurt Busch 12/1 18th 12th 6th 19th
Three-time winner at NHMS with five straight top-six finishes. Using new chassis this week.
8. Juan Pablo Montoya 20/1 21st 5th 10th 5th
Career best finish of third in this race last year; using same chassis from June race.
9. Kyle Busch 5/1 5th 9th 25th 21st
2006 spring winner with 15.2 average finish; using new car this week. Poor final practices.
10. Kevin Harvick 10/1 19th 27th 24th 27th
2006 fall winner using new chassis this week; consistent on similar tracks. Finished fifth in June.
Note: New Hampshire chassis set-up is similar to Richmond and Phoenix; those who do well on one should do the same on the others.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former Race and Sports Book Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. He currently writes for multiple publications covering all sports. He can be reached at MM.Roberts7Gmail.com.
Post-Practice Write-up on New Hampshire coming soon