Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Emory Healthcare 500
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 4:46 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualifying Spring Results*
1. Kasey Kahne 10/1 1st 6th 10th 4th
His win in this 2009 race was his last to date; Two wins and four other top-fives in 12 starts.
2. Kurt Busch 8/1 2nd 24th 11th 1st
Three-time Atlanta winner including this spring; using sixth-place Pocono chassis this week.
3. Greg Biffle 12/1 7th 10th 15th 8th
Using same stout chassis that finished third at Indy and won the following week at Indy.
4. Denny Hamlin 12/1 5th 14th 1st 21st
Best average lap times during first practice; won on the similar track of Texas in April.
5. Ryan Newman 40/1 9th 1st 2nd 17th
Practiced the best he has all season prior to a race; had the best 10-lap average speeds.
6. Carl Edwards 12/1 22nd 2nd 4th 39th
Three-time Atlanta winner; runner-up at last 1.5-mile track run on at Chicago. New car this week.
7. Matt Kenseth 18/1 6th 28th 29th 2nd
Eight Atlanta top-five finishes including runner-up in the spring; Using new chassis this week.
8. Tony Stewart 12/1 8th 9th 5th 13th
Two time Atlanta winner; will be using same car that sat on the pole and finished second at Pocono.
9. Kyle Busch 10/1 19th 21st 3rd 25th
2008 Atlanta winner; finished third at similar tracks of Texas and Charlotte earlier this year.
10. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 15th 7th 7th 12th
Nothing stellar in practice; three-time Atlanta winner with a 10.8 average finish in 18 starts.
* Race results from March 7 Kobalt Tools 500 at Atlanta
Note: There were only two scheduled practices Saturday followed by qualifying. The first practice in race trim was the more important of the two.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former Race and Sports Book Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. He currently writes for multiple publications covering all sports. He can be reached at MM.Roberts7Gmail.com.