Sunday, February 24, 2019

Brad Keselowski fights through illness to win at Atlanta

Brad Keselowski was 8-to-1 to win Sunday at Atlanta.
Brad Keselowski won Sunday’s Cup race at Atlanta Motor Speedway after he experienced flu-like symptoms throughout the weekend.

Hours after he took two IV bags in preparation for the race, Keselowski led the final 33 laps and held off a charging Martin Truex Jr. to score the win. It’s his first win since the playoff opener last year at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

It’s Keselowski’s second Atlanta win in three years. He’s finished in the top two in each of his last three starts there.

“I’ve got to give a lot of credit to one, my wife (Paige), who is standing in the back, she was sick just like I was and she took great care of me along with everybody in the care center,” Keselowski said. “I couldn’t be here today without them. … And Doug Yates. We ran over a piece of debris with probably 50 laps to go and overheated really bad. I thought there was no way this engine would make it to the end. But Doug Yates and his team do a great job.”

READ MORE HERE......NBC SPORTS

ATLANTA RESULTS

No comments: