Friday, July 11, 2014

Kyle Busch wins New Hampshire pole

Kyle Busch won the pole for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, turning a blistering lap to edge Jimmie Johnson.

Busch won his second pole of the season with a record average speed of 138.130 mph around the 1-mile oval. Johnson was second at 137.790 mph.

MORE: Starting lineup breakdown | NASCAR responds to RTA | N.H. picks

Rounding out the top 12 during final-round qualifying were: Denny Hamlin, Tony Stewart, Jamie McMurray, Brad Keselowski, Clint Bowyer, Martin Truex Jr., Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick.

Johnson was on the pole until Busch knocked him off.

"I thought I had enough, and then I saw Kyle's lap," Johnson said. "He definitely put one down."

"I gave it everything I had," Busch said. "I thought was was a little bit tight but I guess I was driving through it enough that it was still carrying good speed.

"Lap felt good. It didn't feel that good, but it felt good."

Read More here....Sporting News

No comments: