Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Stewart "pissed off" about crew chief questions, really?

Wasn't that long ago that fired chief Darian Grubb won title for Stewart

DOVER, Del. — Tony Stewart’s win in the FedEx 400 gave him an opportunity to squelch rumors of crew chief Steve Addington possibly being replaced.

Stewart called such reports inaccurate and said he was upset that it was being reported by media outlets as a possibility amid Stewart’s struggles this year.

“I was ticked,” he said after the race Sunday. “I don't need that crap. I've got enough stuff to worry about, keeping three cars competitive and trying to get them in that state and having to deal with a bunch of bullcrap that's inaccurate and speculation.”

Entering the race Sunday, Stewart was 20th in the standings with just two top-10 finishes. After capturing his first win of the season, he moved up to 16th.

“You might want to talk to the guys that write the checks, the guys that work there, and find out the facts before you guys go throwing darts on the dartboard,” he told the media.

“I'll be honest, it pissed me off because it was a big distraction to my team, my organization. It kept us from doing our job, because people are hearing rumors and reading what you guys write, and it was totally inaccurate and unprofessional in my opinion.”

Read More Here....Sporting News

No comments: