Biffle scored his first win of the season by winning the Quicken Loans 400 at MIS. It was Biffle’s third win at Michigan and his second straight.
|Jack Roush won for the 13th time at Michigan as a car owner|
Kevin Harvick finished second, followed by Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth.
Danica Patrick finished 13th for her best finish since finishing 12th at Martinsville in April.
It was a tough day for Hendrick Motorsports as Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kasey Kahne and Jeff Gordon all had major problems.
Gordon wrecked early in the race, slamming into Bobby Labonte’s spinning car on Lap 6. Kahne wrecked while leading on Lap 103 and Earnhardt Jr. blew an engine while leading on Lap 129.
Hendrick Motorsports dominated the first half of the race, with Johnson, Kahne and Earnhardt all leading. Johnson took the lead when Earnhardt’s engine blew but faded after taking four tires on a pit stop while the rest of the leaders took two.
Quicken Loans 400 Results
Michigan Post Race Notes
* Greg Biffle won the 45th Annual Quicken Loans 400, his 19th victory in 381 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. This is the 1000th victory for Ford Motor Company in the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
* This is Biffle's first victory and sixth top-10 finish in 2013.
* This is his fourth victory and 13th top-10 finish in 21 races at Michigan International Speedway. He has now won back-to-back race at Michigan.
* Kevin Harvick (second) posted his ninth top-10 finish in 25 races at Michigan International Speedway. It is his seventh top-10 finish in 2013.
* Martin Truex Jr. (third) posted his fifth top-10 finish in 15 races at Michigan International Speedway.
* Jimmie Johnson leads the point standings by 31 points over #99-Carl Edwards.