Friday, May 17, 2013

Kyle Busch Expecting Payback from Kahne, Maybe Even in All-Star Race


CONCORD, N.C. — Kyle Busch is prepared for some payback. Not that he expects it from the typically respectful Kasey Kahne, but he knows it could happen.

Busch has wrecked Kahne three times this year, including twice in the last three weeks.

The wreck at Darlington Raceway last week came after Kahne passed Busch for the lead with 23 laps remaining.

“I’m sure there would be a moment where it would come back on me,” Busch said Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. “I expect it. It’s fine.

“I just told Kasey, ‘Don’t make it hurt too bad.’ … I said it as a joke. I don’t think Kasey is that kind of guy but if it happens, I understand.”

At Darlington, Kahne had just passed Busch and Busch tried to pass him back on the inside. Busch’s car moved up the track in Turn 1 and he either clipped Kahne’s car or caused Kahne to lose control and smack the wall.

“We were racing as hard as we could,” Busch said. “He pulled a huge slide job on me in Turn 3 and I got back to his inside.

Read More Here.....Sporting News

No comments: