Subway Fresh Fit 500k
Phoenix International Raceway
Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 12:15 pm (PDT)
1. Kevin Harvick 12/1 6th 4th 25th 17th
Swept Phoenix races in 2006. Fastest average speeds in first practice; new chassis.
2. Denny Hamlin 5/1 12th 3rd 34th 12th
Led the most laps in 2010 fall race; 4 third place finishes in eight COT starts on track.
3. Carl Edwards 6/1 1st 12th 3rd 1st
Won the 2009 fall race; 11.8 average finish in 13 starts. Using new chassis this week.
4. Ryan Newman 30/1 2nd 15th 7th 14th
Won 2010 spring race and was runner-up in the fall; using same chassis this week.
5. Kyle Busch 7/1 13th 5th 1st 4th
Won as a rookie in 2005, no top fives since. Fastest consecutive 10 lap practice average.
6. Kasey Kahne 30/1 30th 7th 17th 3rd
Never been his best track, but showed great average lap times in both practice sessions.
7. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 5th 14th 21st 28th
Four-time winner with an all-time track best average finish of 4.9 in 15 starts.
8. Joey Logano 25/1 3rd 8th 15th 6th
Looks to be a track well suited for him, 10th and 3rd in the 2010 races; practiced well.
9. Tony Stewart 12/1 17th 21st 8th 18th
1999 winner with 12.0 average finish; using runner-up chassis from June’s Loudon race.
10. Kurt Busch 15/1 9th 1st 39th 2nd
2005 winner with 13.3 average finish in 16 starts; using rebuilt chassis from fall Charlotte race.
* Results from the November 14, 2010 fall race at Phoenix.