|Is Erik Jones about to grab his first career Cup win at Bristol Sunday?|
2018 FOOD CITY 500
BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY
SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2018 - 1:00 PM ET (Time Change - Rain)
RATING DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 QUALIFIED PRAC 2 PRAC 3
1. Kyle Busch (7/2) 4th 1st 4th 7th
2. Erik Jones (12/1) 2nd 13th 11th 13th
3. Denny Hamlin (12/1) 6th 25th 23rd 3rd
4. Kyle Larson (7/1) 5th 6th 1st 22nd
5. Chase Elliott (12/1) 26th 16th 10th 2nd
6. Ryan Blaney (18/1) 1st 5th 20th 16th
7. Brad Keselowski (12/1) 8th 3rd 28th 10th
8. Kurt Busch (20/1) 3rd 2nd 15th 4th
9. Kevin Harvick (9/2) 25th 39th 16th 24th
10. Ricky Stenhouse Jr (60/1) 18th 4th 8th 11th
11. Joey Logano (12/1) 13th 10th 7th 21st
12. Clint Bowyer (20/1) 17th 14th 17th 15th
13. Martin Truex Jr (6/1) 10th 26th 2nd 14th
14. Jimmie Johnson (15/1) 14th 17th 9th 10th
15. David Ragan (1,000/1) 9th 23rd 6th 1st
Opening odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting auto racing odds in Las Vegas since 1994.
David Ragan fastest in final Bristol practice
BRISTOL, Tenn. – Kurt Busch, who was scheduled to have started second Sunday, hit the wall with about four minutes left in Saturday’s final Cup practice.
Busch’s team will go to a backup car.
“I had 45 laps on the tires and was trying to get to 50,” Busch said. “The setup changes dramatically with air-pressure builds and the (PJ1 traction application) changing, so I was just trying to do as much research as I could. The lap times were really good in the car and then, boom, there’s just no forgiveness right now with how many variables there are.”
He will join Stewart-Haas Racing teammate Kevin Harvick (backup) and Jimmie Johnson (tire change) at the rear of the field to start Sunday‘s race.
David Ragan posted the fastest lap of the session at 127.487 mph. He was followed by Chase Elliott (127.073 mph), Denny Hamlin (126.997), Busch (126.537) and Ragan’s Front Row Motorsports teammate Michael McDowell (126.295).
Click here for the practice report
Read More Here.....NBC Sports