|Kyle Larson has been the best overall on these type of tracks this season.|
O'Reilly Auto Parts 500
Texas Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 9, 2017 - 1:46 pm ET
RATED DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 START PRAC 2 PRAC 3
1. Kyle Larson (6/1) 6th 32nd 2nd 3rd
Career-best 5th-place in 2014; finished 2nd at Atlanta and Las Vegas, won at Fontana.
2. Kyle Busch (8/1) 19th 34th 18th 8th
Two-time winner, including this race last season; best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 3.
3. Chase Elliott (7/1) 20th 33rd 5th 2nd
Top-5s in both 2016 races and also has top-5s in both races on 1.5-mile tracks this season.
4. Brad Keselowski (6/1) 21st 5th 1st 9th
Two-time runner-up, the last in 2015; won at Texas' sister-track in Atlanta last month.
5. Martin Truex Jr. (6/1) 16th 7th 22nd 16th
Runner-up in 2013, ninth or better past four starts; won at Texas' sister track in Las Vegas.
6. Matt Kenseth (15/1) 29th 8th 10th 5th
Two-time winner with 9.4 avg finish; only JGR driver with top-5 between ATL, LV & Fontana.
7. Jimmie Johnson (10/1) 14th 24th 15th 1st
Six-time winner with 8,3 avg finish and 1,023 laps led; no top-10s between ATL, LV & Fontana.
8. Kevin Harvick (7/1) 10th 1st 19th 12th
No wins in 28 starts, but has averaged 12th-place finish; led 292 of 325 laps at Atlanta.
9. Joey Logano (7/1) 11th 4th 6th 25th
2014 winner, and was 2nd and 3rd in 2016; 6th-place at Atlanta, 4th at Vegas, 5th at Fonatna.
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr (25/1) 15th 37th 4th 7th
Won first Cup race in 2000, but winless in last 27 Texas starts; 6th or better in past four starts.
11. Ryan Blaney (40/1) 1st 2nd 16th 21st
Career-best 12th last fall; 7th-place at LV. Second-best 10 consecutive lap avg in final practice.
12. Kurt Busch (40/1) 24th 10th 8th 18th
2009 winner with 15.6 avg finish in 28 starts; had good average speeds in final practice.
Note: This is the third of 11 races on 1.5-mile tracks this season. The series also raced on the 2-mile layout of Fontana. Data from all three races run so far are relevant for the repaved Texas Motor Speedway.
Opening odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting auto racing odds in Las Vegas since 1994.