|Ryan Blaney looked strong during happy hour with the best 10-consecutive lap average.|
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 3:46 pm ET
RATED DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 QUAL PRAC 2 PRAC 3
1. Brad Keselowski (6/1) 2nd 2nd 21st 5th
Two-time winner (2014, 2016); second-best 10-consecutive lap avg during final practice.
2. Chase Elliott (7/1) 9th 12th 1st 2nd
Best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2; runner-up at Michigan '16 using same package.
3. Kevin Harvick (5/1) 8th 19th 9th 15th
2015 winner, seventh last season; led race-high 292 laps last week; using fall Texas chassis.
4. Matt Kenseth (12/1) 5th 4th 20th 4th
Three-time winner, the last in 2013; second-best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2.
5. Martin Truex Jr. (8/1) 1st 2nd 18th 1st
2015 runner-up and 9.6 avg finish in past six; finished eighth last week at Atlanta.
6. Kyle Larson (12/1) 4th 5th 2nd 6th
Last two races using new low-down force package: won at Michigan, runner-up at Atlanta.
7. Kyle Busch (7/1) 14th 9th 4th 16th
2009 winner and fourth in two of past three starts on his hometown track; 13.5 avg in 12 starts.
8. Kasey Kahne (30/1) 6th 7th 5th 7th
Two-time runner-up, but more importantly showed lots of speed last week and Saturday's practices.
9. Jimmie Johnson (7/1) 3rd 16th 16th 13th
Four-time winner, the last in 2010; sixth or better in four of past five; sluggish 19th at Atlanta.
10. Ryan Blaney (80/1) 7th 3rd 6th 8th
Strong sixth-place last year; best 10-consecutive lap average in final practice. Great long shot bet!
11. Joey Logano (7/1) 18th 6th 24th 14th
2016 runner-up with track-best 10.7 avg finish in eight starts; sixth last week at Atlanta.
12. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (15/1) 21st 18th 17th 3rd
Three-time runner-up; eighth or better in last four. Got car dialed well in final practice.
Note: Last week's results at sister-track Atlanta is a good handicapping reference not only because it's a high-banked 1.5-mile layout, but because it was the first 2017 race using the new low downforce package that was introduced at Kentucky and Michigan last season.
Opening odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting auto racing odds in Las Vegas since 1994.