|Six-time California winner Jimmie Johnson is using back-up chassis, but it looked great in Saturday's practice.|
Auto Club 400
Auto Club (California) Speedway
Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 3:50 pm ET
RATED DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 QUALIFIED PRAC 2 PRAC 3
1. Kyle Larson (7/1) 1st 1st 22nd 5th
2014 runner-up in rookie year; runner-up in past three races (Atlanta, Las Vegas, Phoenix)
2. Martin Truex Jr (10/1) 11th 4th 7th 2nd
No top-5s in 16 starts; best 10-consecutive lap avg in practice 3. Won at Las Vegas.
3. Chase Elliott (7/1) 12th 13th 2nd 1st
Sixth-place in first start last year; 2nd best 10-consecutive lap avg in practice 3.
4. Kevin Harvick (6/1) 3rd 7th 6th 8th
2011 winner, runner-up past two years. Chassis; second at Charlotte, Darlington, won at Kansas.
5. Jimmie Johnson (10/1) 24th 37th 4th 16th
Six-time winner, including last season; 2nd best 10 consecutive lap avg in practice 2.
6. Joey Logano (7/1) 5th 35th 12th 6th
Career-best third in 2013, fourth last season; sixth at Atlanta and fourth at Las Vegas.
7. Erik Jones (30/1) 18th 14th 1st 4th
Third-place in 2015 Xfinity Series race; best 10-consecutive lap avg in practice 2.
8. Denny Hamlin (20/1) 2nd 2nd 18th 19th
Career-best third twice, including last season; looks to be the best among Gibbs cars.
9. Brad Keselowski (7/1) 10th 3rd 5th 13th
2015 winner after finishing 18th or worse in first six starts; ninth last season.
10. Matt Kenseth (15/1) 8th 6th 13th 7th
Three-time winner, the last coming in 2009 with Roush Racing; 19th or worse past two years.
11. Jamie McMurray (50/1) 4th 8th 14th 20th
Three top-5s in 24 starts, the last coming in 2005; he practiced as well as teammate Larson.
12. Ryan Blaney (25/1) 7th 19th 8th 3rd
35th in first Cup start last season, but practiced extremely well; finished seventh in Las Vegas.
Note: Good handicapping references to apply are results from Atlanta and Las Vegas this year, as well as last fall's Michigan race which used new low downforce package that is used now.
Opening odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting auto racing odds in Las Vegas since 1994.