|Kyle Busch is the driver to beat Saturday night at Richmond.|
Federated Auto Parts 400
Richmond International Raceway
Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 4:46 pm (PT)
RATING DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 PRAC 2 QUALIFIED RICHMOND 1*
1. Kyle Busch 6/1 5th 2nd 4th DNP
His four wins and 7.3 average finish is a track best among active drivers. He can go all out.
2. Kevin Harvick 9/2 4th 1st 6th 2nd
Three-time winner with 10,7 average. Won on similar flat layouts at Phoenix in March.
3. Brad Keselowski 5/1 3rd 9th 3rd 17th
Won this race last fall. Best 10-consecutive laps average during final practice; great form.
4. Kurt Busch 10/1 14th 5th 8th 1st
Led 293 of the 400 laps in April for second Richmond win; he’s using same car this week.
5. Matt Kenseth 8/1 11th 12th 2nd 7th
His lone win came in 2002, but has finished seventh or better in five of past six starts.
6. Joey Logano 6/1 10th 14th 1st 5th
Won spring race last season and has been sixth or better in two starts since; he’s on roll.
7. Carl Edwards 8/1 8th 31st 7th 19th
2013 winner with 14th-place average in 22 starts; third-best 10-consecutive lap average.
8. Jimmie Johnson 18/1 13th 3rd 9th 3rd
Three-time winner, the last in 2008. Only two top-five finishes in past 12 starts on schedule.
9. Kyle Larson 30/1 1st 17th 11th 12th
It’s win or else miss the Chase, and his car fast came right off the hauler with the top speed.
10. Martin Truex Jr. 18/1 7th 6th 16th 10th
Career-best fifth-place in 2008 and has 21st-place average, but practiced very well on Friday.
* Results from the April 26, 2015 at Richmond. Useful handicapping tip: review results from 2015 races at Phoenix and New Hampshire because the set-up requirements are similar. If good on one, they’ll be good on the other.
Odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts is a former Las Vegas sports book director who has been setting NASCAR odds since 1994. Follow him on Twitter: MicahRoberts7