|Brian Scott win first career pole Saturday at Talladega|
* #33-Brian Scott won the Coors Light Pole Award for the 45th Annual Aaron's 499 with a lap of 48.293 seconds, 198.290 mph.
* This is his first pole in five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. His previous best start was 12th, in this year's Daytona 500.
* This is his first top-10 start in 2014.
* In the first round, #18-Kyle Busch and #22-Joey Logano posted laps of 200.574 mph and 200.171 mph, respectively. Those are the first qualifying laps faster than 200 mph at Talladega since 1987.#27-Paul Menard (second) posted his third top-10 start of 2014 and his fourth in 16 races at Talladega Superspeedway.
* #47-AJ Allmendinger (third) posted his third top-10 start at Talladega Superspeedway. It is his first in ten races this season.
* #3-Austin Dillon (fifth) was the fastest qualifying rookie.