Monday, June 11, 2012

Notes From April Michigan Test Session

Michigan will be faster than ever with track records shattered (Getty)
Five Drivers tested Goodyear tires on the new Michigan surface in early April, here's a few comments Juan Pablo Montoya and Jeff Gordon had following the blistering speeds.

“This place is fast. I mean fast, fast,” NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Juan Pablo Montoya said. “Our minimum speed this morning was over 180 mph through the corner when you think about it. We are doing easily over 210 mph at the end of the straight.

“For a car like this, it is really, really quick. It is a lot of fun. I think as the track links up I think it is going to bring great racing. That is pretty good.”

“I’m not sure I want to know I’m going that fast,” Gordon joked.

“I am not a big fan of repaves so the fact that I am talking positive about it and still enjoying the racetrack as much as I always have I think that is a sign where I rank it. I rank it very high,” Gordon said.

“Whatever it is about this track, it has just always had a great feel to it. Instead of having to go in and recreate some of that like some track have had to do, they were basically able to pave over the top of what they had, fix whatever they could to keep it lasting as long as possible, which you would typically do on a repave.

“The track drives so similar to the way it did before and it is going to have multiple groves.”

Roberts NASCAR Notes - April 5, 2012

No comments: