Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Sunday, June 5, 2011 - 10:15 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Fontana*
1. Greg Biffle 8/1 1st 15th 14th 11th
Two-time winner with an 8.1 average finish; best 10 consecutive lap average in practice.
2. Matt Kenseth 12/1 12th 19th 21st 4th
Third best 10 consecutive lap average in practice; using winning Dover chassis.
3. Jeff Gordon 12/1 5th 2nd 22nd 18th
Two-time winner with an 8.5 average finish; second best 10 consecutive lap practice average.
4. Carl Edwards 9/2 2nd 8th 7th 6th
12.3 average finish in seven starts, runner-up in 2008. Using brand new chassis this week.
5. Jimmie Johnson 7/1 14th 22nd 31st 2nd
2008 winner with a 9.3 average finish in nine starts. Using a brand new chassis this week.
6. Kurt Busch 30/1 15th 35th 1st 17th
Only one top-10 finish in 10 career starts. Debuts brand new chassis this week.
7. Kevin Harvick 10/1 26th 28th 10th 1st
His only top-five finish came last season with third-place; using exact same car this week.
8. Tony Stewart 12/1 4th 30th 13th 13th
Two-time winner with a 12.3 average finish in 10 starts; using his Texas car this week.
9. Clint Bowyer 20/1 31st 12th 27th 7th
Native of Emporia, Kansas; finished runner-up in 2007. Debuts brand new chassis this week.
10. Kyle Busch 8/1 19th 7th 3rd 3rd
Not his best track with 23.9 average finish in seven starts. Using new chassis this week.
* Results from the March 27, 2011 race at California Speedway. Although a half-mile larger than Kansas, the banking and width of the two tracks make them very similar.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.
STP 400 Starting Lineup