Wednesday, May 22, 2019

2019 Coca-Cola 600 Betting Preview

Kyle Busch won his first race at Charlotte last season. 
My favorite Sunday of the year is always Memorial Day weekend because it's jam-packed with auto racing with Formula 1 in the morning, Indy Cars in the afternoon and NASCAR to close it out with the Coca-Cola 600, the longest race of the season.

The racing from all three series has always been part of a family tradition, but the thing that stands out most is my grandfather teaching me early on about how special Memorial Day is telling me multiple stories of fallen friends from his time in World War II and Korea. And NASCAR gets it in a way my grandfather would have been proud of.

“There isn’t any sport that honors the military any better than NASCAR," Kevin Harvick said. "I know a lot of sports do a lot of things for our military but, when you roll into this particular weekend with the Coke 600 and you are a part of the celebration and remembrance for all the things that have happened with our military, to see the support that NASCAR and everybody in our garage gives the military, especially on this particular weekend, is something that gives you goosebumps. We are honored to carry the names (of fallen soldiers) on our cars.”

Another tradition that goes along with Memorial Day weekend is betting on the races and while I'll just watch Lewis Hamilton win without a wager, I have made a few bets on the Team Penske drivers in the Indianapolis 500 and I'll have the most bets on the NASCAR race which has been the case with me for over 25 years. The transition after Indy Car split with CART really had me lose interest but I still followed both series equally because I had to make odds for the betting public in Las Vegas to take a shot with.

As for the F-1 race on the streets of Monte Carlo, I don't need a wager to be entertained. I marvel at the power and handling of those machines -- Mercedes has won all five races this season -- and how they come ripping out of the tunnel and past the harbor with all those viewing parties happening on the hundreds of yachts. It's a scene I've always wanted witness live, but in my younger days when it was more probable to happen, I knew I would have difficulty finding the Coca-Cola 600 televised so late in Monaco. I can't ruin my perfect Sunday, right?

READ MORE HERE.....TOP-5 FINISH PREDICTION ON VEGASINSIDER.COM

No comments: