|Ryan Newman had two really good days of practice and qualifying. Childress back-to-back weeks of winning?|
FOLDS OF HONOR QUIKTRIP 500
ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2018 - 1:16 PM ET (time change due to expected weather)
RATING DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 QUALIFIED PRAC 2 *ATL '17
1. Kevin Harvick 9/2 7th 3rd 23rd 9th
2. Denny Hamlin 12/1 6th 12th 4th 38th
3. Martin Truex Jr 9/2 10th 35th 2nd 8th
4. Kyle Busch 6/1 20th 1st 15th 16th
5. Brad Keselowski 12/1 24th 5th 29th 1st
6. Jimmie Johnson 12/1 16th 22nd 6th 19th
7. Ryan Blaney 25/1 25th 26th 8th 18th
8. Clint Bowyer 20/1 11th 9th 9th 11th
9. Kyle Larson 9/2 2nd 8th 19th 2nd
10. Paul Menard 200/1 15th 15th 3rd 25th
11. Chase Elliott 8/1 29th 27th 28th 5th
12. Ryan Newman 100/1 12th 2nd 1st 35th
13. Joey Logano 12/1 9th 16th 5th 6th
14. Daniel Suarez 60/1 13th 4th 13th 21st
15. Kurt Busch 30/1 21st 7th 20th 7th
* Results from the March 5, 2017 Cup race at Atlanta.
Opening odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting auto racing odds in Las Vegas since 1994.
RACE 2: ATLANTA
Kevin Harvick gets the top rating not only because of dominating this race last season, leading the most laps (971) at Atlanta among active drivers or using a chassis that won at Texas in November. He also had a pretty good set of practices where he used his same bag of regular Atlanta tricks sticking to the yellow line near the apron. It works well for him. And with not much changes to the 2018 Cup cars and Harvick getting top-five finishes in four of the five 2017 playoff races on 1.5-mile tracks, he's got the most attractive resume for Atlanta.
Denny Hamlin got a boost in his rating after posting the best 10-consecutive lap average in both practices. His car is ready to roll just like it closed out 2017 with top-five finishes in six of his final seven starts on 1.5-mile tracks. Gibbs teammate Kyle Busch is almost as good and Daniel Suarez is also someone to keep an eye on.
Chase Elliott won't be as bad as he practiced or qualified and Ryan Newman won't be as good as he practiced or qualified -- just my opinion. Paul Menard in the No. 21 showed lots of speed and I'm expecting them to have a good run after having the third best 10-consecutive lap average during the second practice.
I also like a couple veterans to have a good showing Sunday -- or Monday since it's expected to rain. Clint Bowyer has something cooking similar to his teammate Harvick and Jimmie Johnson loves this old abrasive asphalt at Atlanta.