1. Kevin Harvick: Fifth-best average finish (11.4) in the five races with the COT; Equaled best finish (fourth) and led first laps (5) in 19 starts in June; Will return in the same car that he raced in June.
2. Jeff Gordon: 10th-best average finish (13.6) in the five races with the COT; Four-time winner; Leader in laps led with 879; 10.7 average finish in 35 starts; 32nd-place finish in June ended streak of three consecutive top 10s.
3. Denny Hamlin: Ninth-best average finish (13.2) in the five races with the COT; Coming off fourth win in nine starts; Swept both races in 2006; Leads all drivers with a 8.6 average finish.
4. Jimmie Johnson: Leads all drivers with a 6.8 average finish in the five races with the COT; Has led 146 laps with the COT; Last of two wins came in 2004 when he swept both events; Won the pole for the 2008 August race; Has finished seventh or better on five of the last six races; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 592) that he finished 37th with at Charlotte in May.
5. Kurt Busch: 19.6 average finish in the five races with the COT; Finished sixth in June; Has scored one win and six top 10s in nine starts with Penske; Also won in 2005 with Roush; Has led 371 laps and posted 10 top 10s in 19 starts; Will pilot the same car (chassis No. 712) that he finished 19th with at Dover in May.
6. Kyle Busch: 23.8 average finish in the five races with the COT; Coming off best finish (second) after leading 32 laps from the pole in June; Will debut a new car (chassis No. 277) in the Sunoco Red Cross 500.
7. Jeff Burton: Seventh-best average finish (12.6) in the five races with the COT; Finished seventh in June for 16th top 10 in 33 starts; Five of his top 10s have come with Richard Childress Racing; Will debut a new car (chassis No. 317) in the Sunoco Red Cross 500.
8. Matt Kenseth: Sixth-best average finish (11.4) in the five races with the COT; Last of eight top 10s came in the June 2008 event in seventh; Finished 17th in June for worst finish since this event in 2005; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 644) that he finished 14th with at Michigan in June.
9. Tony Stewart: Third-best average finish (10.2) in the five races with the COT; 4.7 average finish in three starts with Stewart-Haas; Won the 2009 June race in his track debut with SHR; Posted one win and 14 top 10s in previous 20 starts with Joe Gibbs Racing; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 515) that he finished 23rd with at Darlington in May.
10. Carl Edwards: Second-best average finish (8.4) in the five races with the COT; Second in laps led with the COT with 158; Last of two wins came in this event in 2008; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 639) that he finished 16th with at Charlotte in May.
11. Greg Biffle: Coming off second DNF in 15 starts with a 28th-place finish; 16.4 average finish in the five races with the COT; Last of two top 10s came in the 2006 June race; Will be back in the same car (chassis No. 696) that he finished third with last weekend at Indianapolis.
12. Clint Bowyer: 13.8 average finish in the five races with the COT; Scored best finish in nine starts last year in this event in third; Finished ninth in June for fifth top 10; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 298) that he led 59 laps with in June after starting second.
13. Mark Martin: Coming off worst finish (29th) in the last 12 races after a crash; 14.6 average finish in the five races with the COT; Last top 10 in three starts with Hendrick Motorsports came in this event last year in seventh; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 550) that he led 10 laps and finished 11th with at Indianapolis last weekend.
14. Dale Earnhardt Jr: Finished fourth in track debut with Rick Hendrick in first COT event at track; 18.0 average finish in five events with team; Five top fives and six top 10s in 21 starts with an average finish of 17.5; Will pilot the same car (chassis No. 584) that he finished 19th with at Pocono in June.
15. Ryan Newman: Eighth-best average finish (13.0) in the five races with the COT; 11.0 average finish in three starts with Stewart-Hass; Best finish with SHR came in the 2009 June race in fifth; Posted six top 10s in previous 14 starts with Penske Racing.
16. Jamie McMurray: Finished 36th in first track start with Chip Ganassi since 2005; Last top-10 finish (ninth-place) came with Roush racing in second event in 2008; 21.7 average finish in 15 starts with three top-10s; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 1004) that he finished 24th with at Michigan in June.
17. Kasey Kahne: Won the 2008 June race from the pole after leading 69 laps; Finished fifth in this event last year after leading 35 laps; Fourth-best average finish (11.0) in the five races with the COT; Still holds track qualifying record, which was set in this event in 2004 during rookie season.
18. David Reutimann: 19.2 average finish in the five races with the COT; Finished third in the 2009 June race for only top 10 in seven starts.
19. Joey Logano: 21.0 average finish; 13th-place finish in June is best in three starts; Will debut a new car (chassis No. 278) in the Sunoco Red Cross 500.
20. Martin Truex Jr: 18.8 average finish in the five races with the COT; Two top 10s in nine starts came with the old car; Finished 25th in June in track debut with Michael Waltrip Racing.
21. AJ Allmendinger: Coming off first top 10 in six starts; Will pilot the same car (chassis No. 294) that he finished 11th with at Michigan in June.
22. Juan Pablo Montoya: Coming off three consecutive top 10s; Second-place finish in this event last year is best in seven starts; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 910) that he finished eighth with at Pocono in June.
23. Paul Menard: Has yet to finish better than 15th in seven starts; Coming off best finish in 16th; Average finish is 27.4; Will pilot the same car (chassis No. 653) that he finished 30th with at Darlington in May.
24. David Ragan: Only top 10 in seven starts came in this event in 2008 in fifth; 23.1 average finish; Will pilot the same car (chassis No. 670) that he finished seventh with in the Sprint Showdown at Charlotte.
25. Brad Keselowski: Finished 21st in June in track debut; Will debut a new car (chassis No. 733) in the Sunoco Red Cross 500.
26. Scott Speed: 25.0 average finish in three starts; Coming off best finish in 20th.
27. Marcos Ambrose: 23.3 average finish in three starts; Only finish inside the top 25 came in the 2009 June race in sixth.
28. Elliott Sadler: 21.5 average finish in 23 starts with two top 10s; Finished 25th, 24th and 31st in three starts with Richard Petty Motorsports; Will return in same car (chassis No. 283) that he finished 21st with at Bristol in June.
29. Sam Hornish Jr: Best track on the circuit based on 18.6 average finish; 8.3 average finish in last three starts; Finished a NASCAR career-best fourth in this event last year.
30. Regan Smith: Coming off best finish in four starts in 18th; 26.0 average finish.
Unofficial Race Results for the The Gillette Fusion Proglide 500 Presented By Target
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Pocono Raceway - Long Pond, PA - 2.5 Mile Paved
Total Race Length - 204 Laps - 510 Miles - Purse: $4,945,083
|1||5||11||Denny Hamlin||FedEx Freight Toyota||204||195||10||144.3||$212,875||Running||5||88|
|2||1||18||Kyle Busch||M&Ms Pretzel Toyota||204||175||5||124.7||$220,854||Running||4||32|
|3||6||14||Tony Stewart||Old Spice/Office Depot Chevy||204||165||98.2||$163,146||Running|
|4||22||29||Kevin Harvick||Shell/Pennzoil Chevy||204||165||5||113.2||$153,249||Running||1||5|
|5||25||48||Jimmie Johnson||Lowe's Chevy||204||155||110.1||$150,243||Running|
|6||4||2||Kurt Busch||Miller Lite/Vortex Dodge||204||155||5||81.5||$146,196||Running||1||3|
|7||13||31||Jeff Burton||Caterpillar Chevy||204||146||107.9||$123,488||Running|
|8||7||42||Juan Pablo Montoya||Target Chevy||204||142||93.8||$117,654||Running|
|9||2||33||Clint Bowyer||Cheerios/Hamburger Helper Chevy||204||143||5||119.7||$88,150||Running||2||59|
|10||17||43||A J Allmendinger||Coleman Natural Foods Ford||204||134||93||$118,149||Running|
|11||19||77||Sam Hornish Jr.||Mobil 1 Dodge||204||135||5||84.2||$85,975||Running||1||16|
|12||26||99||Carl Edwards||Kellogg's/Cheez-It Ford||204||127||80.8||$112,846||Running|
|13||12||20||Joey Logano||Home Depot Toyota||204||124||94||$112,138||Running|
|14||9||39||Ryan Newman||Haas Automation Chevy||204||121||76.5||$107,177||Running|
|15||29||00||David Reutimann||Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota||204||118||68.4||$103,154||Running|
|16||33||98||Paul Menard||Pittsburgh Paints/Menards Ford||204||115||56.4||$79,850||Running|
|17||15||17||Matt Kenseth||Crown Royal Black Ford||204||112||76.1||$116,399||Running|
|18||24||78||Regan Smith||Furniture Row Racing Chevy||204||109||64.9||$78,800||Running|
|19||3||88||Dale Earnhardt Jr.||National Guard/AMP Energy Chevy||204||106||81.6||$78,450||Running|
|20||31||82||Scott Speed||Red Bull Toyota||204||103||61.2||$89,246||Running|
|21||11||12||Brad Keselowski||No. 12 Penske Dodge Dodge||204||100||61.7||$97,433||Running|
|22||38||38||Travis Kvapil||Long John Silver's/Ice Flow Lemonade Ford||204||97||46.6||$90,483||Running|
|23||23||83||Casey Mears||Red Bull Toyota||204||94||54.3||$107,971||Running|
|24||43||26||David Stremme||Air Guard Ford||204||91||52.6||$82,900||Running|
|25||27||56||Martin Truex Jr.||NAPA Toyota||204||88||75.6||$68,625||Running|
|26||35||6||David Ragan||UPS Ford||204||85||54.5||$76,975||Running|
|27||8||9||Kasey Kahne||Budweiser Ford||203||82||91.9||$108,363||Accident|
|28||28||16||Greg Biffle||3M Ford||203||79||77.2||$75,675||Accident|
|29||14||5||Mark Martin||Hendrickcars.com/GoDaddy.com Chevy||203||76||66.2||$85,025||Accident|
|30||16||47||Marcos Ambrose||Little Debbie Toyota||203||73||67||$92,496||Accident|
|31||21||19||Elliott Sadler||Stanley Ford||203||70||52.8||$72,725||Running|
|32||10||24||Jeff Gordon||DuPont Chevy||203||67||84.2||$112,449||Accident|
|33||37||37||David Gilliland||Taco Bell Ford||202||64||38.9||$80,421||Running|
|34||20||13||Max Papis||GEICO Toyota||200||61||36.7||$64,150||Running|
|35||42||34||Kevin Conway #||Extenze Ford||199||58||34.4||$66,000||Running|
|36||18||1||Jamie McMurray||McDonald's Chevy||167||55||57.9||$101,952||Accident|
|37||36||46||JJ Yeley||Whitney Motorsports Dodge||40||52||34.6||$63,600||Brakes|
|38||41||71||Bobby Labonte||TRG Motorsports Chevy||32||54||5||31.9||$63,475||Electrical||1||1|
|39||32||55||Michael McDowell||PRISM Motorsports Toyota||27||46||33.4||$63,350||Brakes|
|40||34||66||Dave Blaney||PRISM Motorsports Toyota||24||43||34.6||$63,200||Overheating|
|41||40||36||Geoff Bodine||Tommy Baldwin Racing Chevy||23||40||31.5||$63,045||Rear Gear|
|42||39||64||Chad McCumbee||Little Joe's Autos Toyota||22||37||27.3||$62,890||Rear Gear|
|43||30||87||Joe Nemechek||NEMCO Motorsports Toyota||11||34||27.5||$63,276||Transmission|
To start the race, no cars dropped to the rear of the field
Failed to Qualify: (2) 09 Terry Cook #, 7 Ted Musgrave.
Time of Race: 3 Hrs, 44 Mins, 30 Secs.
Average Speed: 136.303 MPH
Margin of Victory: Caution
Caution Flags: 8 for 27 laps: Laps: 17-19 (Competition. [None]); 98-100 (Debris Turn 2 ); 155-158 (Debris Long Pond Straightaway ); 160-165 (#83 Spin Turn 1 ); 168-171 (#1, 6 Accident Turn 1 ); 176-178 (Debris Turn 3 ); 200-202 (#20, 29 Accident Turn 3 ); 205-205 ( [None]).
Lead Changes: 14 among 7 drivers: Kyle Busch 1-4; D. Hamlin 5-17; B. Labonte 18; Kyle Busch 19-37; C. Bowyer 38-77; D. Hamlin 78-79; C. Bowyer 80-98; Kyle Busch 99-100; K. Harvick 101-105; D. Hamlin 106-158; Kyle Busch 159-165; D. Hamlin 166-168; Kurt Busch 169-171; S. Hornish Jr. 172-187; D. Hamlin 188-204
Coors Light Pole Award : Kyle Busch, #18 169.485 mph
DIRECTV Crew Chief of the Race : Kyle Busch, #18 crew chief Dave Rogers
Goodyear Gatorback Fastest Lap : Kyle Busch, #18 165.773 mph, Lap 2
Mahle Clevite Engine Builder of the Race : Denny Hamlin, #11
Mobil 1 Command Performance Driver of the Race : Kurt Busch, #2
Moog Chassis Parts Problem Solver of the Race : Kurt Busch, #2 S. Addington, 0.258 sec
O'Reilly Auto Parts Position Improvement Award : David Stremme, #26 19 places
Raybestos Rookie of the Race : Kevin Conway, #34
Sunoco Diamond Performance : Denny Hamlin, #11
Tissot Pit Road Precision : Kyle Busch, #18 242.809 seconds
WIX Filters Lap Leader : Denny Hamlin, #11 88 Laps